- What do you do?
- Where do you live?
- What do you enjoy doing?
- Do you lift weights?
Yes everyone, male female, old and young needs to do some form of strength training. If you have never picked up a dumbbell, never gone into the weights room, never been to a functional strength class, you need to do so immediately if not sooner.
Trust me strength training will open up a whole new world and will give you results you never thought possible!
And ladies don’t ever think lifting weights will make you look like Arnold Schwarzenegger – first you don’t have testosterone and secondly, unless you are lifting really really heavy weights and stick to a very strict diet, it will never happen?
So why should you get off the running machine, step off the cross trainer and give the rowing machine a rest?
- Well first there’s the obvious one – it will make you get stronger. And this is going to really help you with your day to day jobs such as carrying those groceries, picking up the baby, walking up stairs and gardening.
- It will make you look sexier – you can look forward to firmer and more toned muscles and better definition to your body.
- You will get a cardio kick – if you are challenging with your weights, you will burn some serious calories (even when you have finished your workout), thus reducing your body fat. Just keep in mind that muscles weighs more than fat so you may not see a difference on the scales, so go by the feel of your skinny jeans.
- Less chance of injury – when your muscles get stronger, this will decrease the chance of injury and if you do have any problems, your recovery time will be a lot shorter so you will be training in no time.
- Plus weight training will increase bone density, lower your blood pressure, you’ll live longer, reduce stress, make you happier, boosts your energy and well I could keep going but you get the idea.
So if I have finally convinced you to give weights a go, get one of our friendly personal trainers to show you some basic moves and the correct form so you have a safe and effective workout.
See you in the weights room!